February is LOVE month. I am often fond of singing, “Every kiss begins with Kay” to my husband in the mornings leading up to V-day! But feeling love and showing it can often be disconnected – especially in our language. Here are 15 super quick words of love and encouragement to try with your family today – and every day!
– Thank you for your help!
– You really worked hard to get this room clean!
– I love watching you play baseball! You really put a lot of energy into it!
– I noticed you were really patient with your little brother.
– You really seem to enjoy science.
– Your hard work paid off!
– That’s a tough one, but I know you’ll figure it out.
– I trust your judgment.
– I love being with you.
– You really put a smile on my face with your kind words
– You really worked it out!
– You are a special friend.
– You make it look easy!
– That’s a great observation.
Give some of these a try then look for the spark that appears in your child’s eyes…it will be there! Then smile knowing you are growing a WISE (and loving) family!
“I went home and practiced what Amy taught me…and it worked!”— 8-year-old coaching client
“Amy is like Oprah – she’s the neighbor you love who is very, very smart”— Parent of 14-year-old son and 18-year-old daughter
“Amy brings together the best emotion-focused strategies with cutting-edge brain science to change the lives of children and families”— Parent of adopted twin girls