February is LOVE month. I am often fond of singing, “Every kiss begins with Kay” to my husband in the mornings leading up to V-day! But feeling love and showing it can often be disconnected – especially in our language. Here are 15 super quick words of love and encouragement to try with your family today – and every day!
– Thank you for your help!
– You really worked hard to get this room clean!
– I love watching you play baseball! You really put a lot of energy into it!
– I noticed you were really patient with your little brother.
– You really seem to enjoy science.
– Your hard work paid off!
– That’s a tough one, but I know you’ll figure it out.
– I trust your judgment.
– I love being with you.
– You really put a smile on my face with your kind words
– You really worked it out!
– You are a special friend.
– You make it look easy!
– That’s a great observation.
Give some of these a try then look for the spark that appears in your child’s eyes…it will be there! Then smile knowing you are growing a WISE (and loving) family!
“Our clinician has been a tremendous help with family issues and getting our children organized for success in life. Highly recommend her.”— Mom of three young adults ages 20 – 24
“Oh my gosh, my daughter just thinks Grace is amazing and I am so glad that she has someone to talk to that isn’t me! She is so happy after her sessions! Thank you.”— Mom of 15 year old client
“We read through your website from start to finish and were so impressed by your extensive credentials and training but, the real reason why we want to work with you is your clear enthusiasm for children and families and the wisdom and deep love you share for both!”— Mom of 12-year-old child with special needs
“Dr. Amy talks about moving children from being externally-driven to internally-driven…and she helps you get there!”— Parent of 15-year-old daughter