Neuroscience discoveries have revolutionized our understanding of how the brains of our children learn and grow. In particular, brain research reveals how the specific language used by adults who teach, mentor, counsel and parent youth has a much more profound effect on their development than previously realized.
This workshop focuses on learning the four powerful “Languages of the Brain” that will transform the lives of the children you serve. Walk away with a new way of talking to youth that builds resilience, promotes intrinsic motivation, enhances cognitive stimulation and creates kaleidoscope thinkers. What you say matters, more than you ever knew!
- Participants will learn to develop the right mindset in their students around learning. They will learn the two types of Mindsets; Fixed Mindset and Growth Mindset, as well as how to change their language to enhance the development of the Growth Mindset and accelerate student learning.
- Participants will learn the “Technical Side of Hope” and how to adapt their language to include student affirmation, prediction of positive outcomes, and vision of a personalized compelling future that empowers students with Hope.
- Participants will understand the memory hierarchy in the brain and how to utilize critical questions to improve memory in their students.
- Participants will learn how to give directions, commands and feedback to students that promote student use of executive function skills rather than motivating students behavior through fear, threat or consequence.
- Participants will be exposed to a powerful 3-step process that significantly improves the young brain’s ability to respond to adult requests for changed behavior.